Titanium Wave Ring
The central theme is significant figures, which relate to the photons which are particles carrying all forms of electromagnetic radiation, solar radiation whose wavelength is between 400 nm (4x10-7 m) and 15 nm ( 1. 5 x10-8 m). Reactive Orange 84 is a dye used in the textile industry when applied to cotton fabric, only 65% ??of it is impregnated and the remaining 35% is hydrolyzed in the water, creating a highly polluting wastewater. In recent years educational institutions have been aware of the damage generated by the human on the planet in general, which is increasingly common the creation of environmental projects, such is the case of the next. Photocatalysis with sunlight is presented as a simple and economical alternative for the treatment of colored wastewater effluents from the textile industry. The use of this technology to degrade and mineralize the dye reactive orange 84 may open an alternative route to traditional processes of oxidation. This system allows the energy of direct solar radiation reaching the earth's surface to cause a series of chemical reactions (redox) that result in the removal of organic compounds in urban waste water, industrial and agricultural. The solar decontamination of wastewater dyes used in textiles, through photosensitizers, to prevent water reaching difficult to degrade organic compounds, many of them toxic, as is the case of some dyes, this will allow plants water purification easier capture therapy and aquatic fauna and flora are less endangered. This treatment is a clean technology because it uses solar energy is not clean, clean photosensitizers are used, and no toxic by-products originate. Recently this technology has gained interest for their potential application in solar energy use, although only 5% of the sunlight that reaches the Earth contains the energy required to activate the titanium wave ring dioxide photo- Fenton act as photocatalysts. In different experiments have been used chromophore dyes, anthraquinone and phthalocyanine, alone and in combination. The treatment of residual dye bath was performed by direct sunlight and solar simulator exposure in open drums and solar detoxification pilot plant. The effectiveness of the processes was checked by spectrophotometry. This process in the direct absorption of radiant energy either titanium dioxide or photo-Fenton, being able to absorb solar energy emitted by capturing photons and excited electronic states reached when these are turned off, it generates an aggressive organic species is the responsible for initiating attack organic matter oxidative degradation. The heterogeneous photocatalysis with titanium wave ring dioxide was effective in the treatment of residual baths chromophore azo dyes and reactive orange 84, resulting in discolouration and enabling high reuse of treated new dye baths. However, the chromophore phthalocyanine dyes require more aggressive treatments such as photo-Fenton, for degradation. Tests on titanium dioxide adsorbed on glass rings, material developed by IMTA, the disinfection efficiency was 90%, with the material at the bottom of the reactors and 4 h of recirculation. Given the limited efficiency obtained with other reagents, was modified arrangement of rings in the form of a bar covered with spiral rings. In this arrangement, the titanium wave ring dioxide concentration equivalent to 41 mg / l of catalyst concentration which has been shown to inactivate fecal coliforms. With the rings in spiral arrangement, we obtained a 100% effectiveness for inactivation of fecal and total coliforms in ninety minutes of recirculation. Under the same conditions, we obtained a 99% reduction of aerobic mesophilic microorganisms by 3 h of recirculation. Consideration should be given that such tests were conducted in the month of December, which is characterized by low radiative energy. PHOTOS: In the left image shows the process of photocatalysis with reactive orange 84 and the right is recycled water after treatment. The solar decontamination of wastewater dyes used in textiles, through photosensitizers, to prevent water reaching difficult to degrade organic compounds. Weaknesses: The geographical location is an important factor, it takes 60% of sunny days to have a system with a lower cost. . . .